Saturday 24 December 2011

Blogmas day #24

Its Christmas Eve! Wow! Is it really Christmas Eve? Who's excited for Santa to come? Has everyone been nice? I really hope none of you are on the naughty list.

I don't really know what to write today. My day has gone pretty smoothly, I even had time to have a nap! Normally Christmas Eve is chaotic in my house, with my mum panicking, trying to make sure the house is spotless, turkey is defrosting all right, wrapping last minute presents but today she just took her time. She actually let me help her clean the house, which a first. I'm hoping that she will let me help her cook tomorrow, because I love cooking and I always feel a little bit helpless when I can't help.

I'm looking forward to my Christmas Eve night with my family. My mum refuses to cook on Christmas Eve so we always get a take-away and I have been craving chips for about 2 nights now, and I am finally getting some. But most of all I can't wait to get my shower and put on my Christmas Eve pyjamas. I can't do it yet because I'm off to church in a minute (this will probably be posted when I get back, right now it is almost 10 to 7) but when I get back I am jumping straight into that shower!
Isn't it such a great feeling having a shower? I love getting out and feeling refreshed. I just did that and now I'm in brand new pyjamas. This feeling makes me feel so happy. I have a chocolate face mask on as well (not home-made, store bought from Superdrug) and I can feel it cleansing my skin. I love nights like this but this night is the best. What with the build up all month then the excitement for Christmas morning. It truly is magical! What makes this year even better is that it is my first Christmas as a Christian and that makes it so special. This time last year I didn't care about some baby being born. But now I realize that that baby isn't just some baby, it is Jesus, our saviour. Knowing that God walked on this earth as a human, living and dying for our sins is truly amazing to think about. And I  don't know about you, but that makes me feel so loved! I've only been a Christian for a few short months but I can already see changes in me and my life; so this year, Christmas isn't just about presents and family but also about celebrating the greatest leader of all time's birth.
Saying that though, I can't wait to spend the day with all of my family and getting presents. Lately we haven't been able to spend time all together for one reason or another, so these next few days are going to be great. We are just going to relax and spend some quality time together.

Right I have to go and take this mask off, so I will talk to you all tomorrow

DFTBA

Days until Christmas: 1 MORE SLEEP
Days until my first A level exam: 20
What I am listening to right now: God of Justice by Tim Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment