Monday 20 February 2012

I'm back!

Hey beauties, I hope you are all well.

I'm truly sorry that I have absent for the past week. As you all know, I was on holiday, and struggled to update whilst there, as there was no internet and for some reason my battery was dying really quickly. However I am back now, and I shouldn't be leaving you all again until April (that will only be for no more than 3 days, I promise)

I had a great time, whilst I was away. However I have fallen behind on some work I need to do for school, so that is what I am doing tonight. I don't have too much to do, it's just what I have to do takes a while. However I am getting back into the spirit of studying now that I am focusing on coursework. I am going to warn you that, as my exams get closer, I may lack on the updates. I'll try and keep them daily, but I'm not going to promise that after Easter, so I hope you all understand.

I got my first tattoo today! I've wanted a tattoo for as long as I can remember, and my mum had always said she would get me one for my 18th birthday, when it is legal, if I still wanted one. And, of course, I did. I had always been certain on what my first tattoo was going to be, but as I got older I realized that it was going to be too big for my first one. I kept thinking 'what if it hurts too much, and I can't keep going and I'm left with half a tattoo?' so I decided that I would get a small tattoo first, and if that was ok, I would go up to my original tattoo idea. So I thought of a few ideas, and I love all of them, and now I know what it feels like to get a tattoo done, I think I may get them all done. I kept switching up the ones I wanted, until last summer, when I was revising and took a break and drew this:

Encase you can't tell, it is the Deathly Hallows sign on my ankle. I tweeted it, saying "Thinking of getting this permanent" and I got a few people saying that I should. So I started to really think about it, and decided that, yes I did want that permanent. So I knew that that was going to be my first tattoo.
Now you're probably all wondering why I only got it today, when I'm 19, well to be perfectly honest, every time we went to get it, something stopped us, the shop was closed down, we didn't have the money etc. Until this past week when my mum made sure that she had it for me.

So I went to the tattoo parlour, and asked for a small Deathly Hallows tattoo. They said, small but you still see the detail? I said yeah, expecting it to be the size of the one I drew. But no, it is a lot bigger than that, as you'll see in a minute. Now for the past week, people kept saying that your ankle bone is the most painful place to get a tattoo, so I was starting to freak out, then they brought out the stencil and it was huge. I almost  backed out, to be perfectly honest, but I knew I wanted it so I went through with it. I have to be honest and say that it was no-where near as painful as I expected. It hurt to begin with, it felt like getting an injection but being pulled (which is basically what it is) but then I got used to it. Then came the shading. The tattooist had said that people find the outline the worst, but my mum said the shading was worse for her, so I was like ah crap, this whole thing is going to kill. The shading was more painful for me to begin with, it is constant needle movement, however I got used to that pain quicker, and my ankle went a bit numb during that part, so the outline was the worst over all. Except when he was shading the corner, boy did they kill, it was like someone was burning me, whilst sticking a needle in me, it was horrible.
I'm glad I did it though, because I love my tattoo, and I definitely want more. I want something with colour though, so do you guys have any suggestions?
Here is my tattoo:


What do you guys think? Leave me your honest opinion. I personally love it and am so glad I got it. It was definitely worth the wait. Do any of you have any tattoos? If not, would you ever get one?

I hope you enjoyed this random post, and I will talk to you all tomorrow.

DFTBA

4 comments:

  1. It looks great! :-D

    I've always wanted a tattoo on the back of my neck but not found a design I'm completely in love with yet! And not sure whether the neck would be a really painful place!?

    Em
    x

    http://emberdrake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :D
    I like the design in your profile picture :) And it probably will be painful, but lets be honest anywhere will be painful, so it just depends on if you think it is worth it :)
    Have a beautiful day
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was trying to figure out what the sign was when I first saw the picture but now I recognized it. I've been wanting a tattoo for some time now but I don't know what of yet. My mom would never take me. I had to trick her into getting my ears pierced at 12 and I went on my own to get my belly done when I was 16. lol...

    Have a beautiful day!
    http://swbeautifullife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry about it, the tattoo artist didn't know what it was when I showed it to him ha-ha. You should get one of what you really love :) Where would you get it? Oh that sucks, how old are you now? ha-ha bet she wasn't happy when you got your belly done.
      Have a beautiful night
      xx

      Delete