Thursday 2 February 2012

New Years Revolution

So I know I am a month late doing this, but to my defence I didn't know about it until a week ago. 
Anyway I decided to do Channel 4's New Years Revolution because I thought it looked fun and, well I do want to try new things.

I started it 2 days ago, because February only has 29 days, meaning I would end up over running into March.

The first challenge was to say thank you to those people around you who you don't normally thank, i.e. family and friends. I did this through text and it felt good. I thanked quite a few people, and it made me realize that I do actually have a lot of amazing people in my life, who I can sometimes take for granted.

The second challenge was to give something away. I actually found this quite hard, because I am always giving my old things to charity, and I had only recently done that. Therefore I felt that I had nothing to give away. However I realized that I had 2 copies of 'The Kite Runner' both having notes in them as I had them for school (I accidentally bought the wrong copy) and I knew that my mum was looking for a good book to read, so I gave her my favourite copy.

Today's challenge was to say yes to everything. I didn't actually have that many yes-no questions to answer, so I didn't truly get to do this. And most of the yes-no questions I was being asked were my opinion, so I had to answer truthfully. I don't feel like I truly got to do this challenge, therefore I am continuing this challenge tomorrow. One thing I did say yes to was eating a cheesecake, and I wish I hadn't because of my whole eating healthy thing. Oh well, got to stick to the challenges rigidly.

I will be updating you guys on this, hopefully, daily, so please check back. 
My third post of today will actually be posted on Saturday as it is suddenly quite late, for me anyway, and I have sixth form in the morning.

Talk to you all then.

Have a beautiful night

DFTBA

2 comments:

  1. Great post. Just amazing.
    Its funny seeing all the things and people that we take for granted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      It really is amazing seeing what we take for granted, and we need to appreciate them more sometimes :)

      Have a beautiful day

      xx

      Delete