Wednesday 29 February 2012

Prepare for summer #1 - Feet



Hey girls, I am so excited about this post; I have been wanting to do it for a while and feel that now is the time to start. It is finally starting to warm up which means spring is almost here and with that means showing more skin and I want to help you all prepare for that.
I thought that I would start with the hardest part to fix which is the feet. Then work my way up. Although I will say, work on your skincare routine now, as acne is hard to clear up too.


Last summer, I had horrible feet, and was embarrassed to show them and even had people comment on how rough my toes were. So I worked on a routine to fix my feet and it worked amazingly, and I want to share it with all of you, so you don't have to be embarrassed by your feet and can be proud to show them off.

So the first thing you want to do is remove all nail polish on your nails, chances are its going to be chipped anyway. By removing all of your nail polish you are giving your nails a chance to breath, and to grow out the yellowing. As you all probably know, nail polish can discolour nails so it is important to let them breath.
I recently found a recipe(?) for whitening nails but haven't yet got around to trying it. I plan on doing so this weekend and if it works I will let you know what it is, as growing out discolouration can take a long time; I haven't worn nail polish on my toes since Christmas and they are still yellow.

Now comes the hard part; softening your heels and, maybe even, your toes. For this I suggest doing one thing weekly and another nightly. The weekly thing I suggest doing is to give yourself a pedicure (minus painting your nails) I do this every Saturday night and my feet are pretty soft (no bragging intended) Here is my specific routine:
1. First I fill a foot spa with warm water and some bubbles, just for that extra pampering. In my foot spa I have pebbles and marbles, however that is not neseccary. My foot spa is inflatable, like this one:
So you don't need a fancy one like this:

Even if you don't have either of these, you just need a bowl big enough for your feet to rest comfortably in.
2. I next take this:

And use the pumice and then the file all over my heel and big toe. Sometimes I also have to go over the balls of my feet as well if I have been walking a lot that week.
3. I then rest my feet in the warm water, and after, roughly, 2 minutes, I use the brush attachment to clean off  the dead skin cells. I continue to rest my feet for a further 5 minutes.
4. Taking one foot out I rest it on a towel on my knee and dry thoroughly, especially in-between my toes. After that is done I take some body butter,  or you can use foot lotion, and smother my foot in it and then place on a fluffy sock. This locks in the moisturiser and will really help to soften your feet.  Then repeat this last step on the other foot and you are done.

Now my daily foot treatment doesn't take as long but is still as effective.
Each night after my shower, I take a foot file like this:
And file away any dead skin on my heels, toes and balls of my feet. I feel that this just removes the day from my feet, if that makes sense, and helps them to stay soft. I then slather my feet in body butter or foot lotion and wear fluffy socks, again to lock in the moisturiser and help it sink into my feet, making them really soft.

And that is all I do to achieve soft, smooth, summer-ready feet.
I hope you enjoyed this post and found it useful.

Have a beautiful night girls, and DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment