Thursday 1 March 2012

New Years Resolutions - Update




Hey girls, well it is the first day of a new month, which means it is time for me to update you all on my new years resolutions.

I am ashamed of myself this month as I feel like I have failed on all of my resolutions. I have been ill a lot throughout this month and was away, so some of my resolutions failed this month. Anyway here is my update.



  1. Follow my skin care routine day and night. 
  2. Brush my teeth every day and night.
  3. Take my vitamins everyday. 
  4. Eat cleaner/healthier.
  5. Exercise at least 3 times a week.
  6. Work harder at school and work, so I can get into university.
  7. Read 6 books by the summer holidays. 
  8. Appreciate all that I have more often.
  9. Do something that scares me at least once a month.
  10. Learn to play the ukulele.
I'm just going to say right here the ones I failed on for the same reason/s and they are 1, 2, 4 and 5. I guess 4 out of 5 isn't so bad, I just wish that I hadn't broken them. However I didn't completely break them, as in I haven't given up, which is the main thing. The main problem I had with sticking to these 4 are because I really have been ill a lot this week. I've had a really bad headache and have felt flu-y for most of the month, obviously ruling out any exercise. I also wasn't in the mood to eat healthy because of it, all I wanted was crisps or chocolate, and it was either that or not eat at all, which isn't an option. Also whilst I was away it was really hard to eat healthy as I was eating food that they had and not my own. I didn't exercise whilst there because I felt awkward ha-ha. I was basically just very lazy whilst away, which is why I didn't follow my skincare routine or brush my teeth everyday, and you honestly don't understand how much I regret it.

Now onto the rest of my resolutions.

Take my vitamins everyday I am so happy about this. I haven't missed a single day and I even bought more before I ran out, which I never do, I always buy new after I have finished.  
Work harder at school and work This is a hard one as I am still not doing my best, however I do feel more motivated to work and I am starting to get real help with this so that it becomes definite.
Read 6 books by the summer holidays I am still reading my second book of the year, 'Wuthering Heights', which I am almost finished. It is really hard to get into but I only need to read 1 a month to achieve this which is do-able.
Appreciate all that I have more often I don't know if I have said this before or not, but this is a hard one to know if I am achieving, however I do feel like I am. Obviously I do still take things for granted but I feel like I am getting better at that.
Do something that scares my at least once a month OK for this one, what I did will sound strange to a lot of you probably, but I'm going to tell you anyway. I made a phone call. I have a fear of speaking on the phone so this is huge for me, and I am hoping to improve this throughout the year.
Learn to play the ukulele I still haven't played it yet, which I am sad about, but I swear that this month I will start to learn. I really will ha-ha.

So that was it. I am truly disappointed in myself this month and I really hope to do better this month. I'm finding that I have to wean myself off of chocolate again, as I have already had more than I should today, but I know I can do it, and I am excited for it.
How did you guys do this month? Have any of you given up? Let me know in the comments below.

Have a beautiful day and DFTBA

2 comments:

  1. I failed my exercise resolution this month too because of illness - I was disappointed not to stick to it.

    And I totally get your fear of speaking on the phone - I used to be exactly the same and it took some time to get over it. I'm fine now and hope you will get better with it too hun! :-)

    Em
    x

    http://emberdrake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I'm glad you got over it :) plus it gives me hope ha-ha. Thank you, you're really nice :)
      Have a beautiful day :)
      xx

      Delete