Wednesday 28 March 2012

Prepare for summer - face


Hey girls, so I am almost finished with preparing our bodies for summer. Just 2 more posts! Although that won't be the end of the series, cause there is still more to do.

This week I want to focus on your skincare routine, and show you mine. I know I did this about a month ago, but it was rushed so there wasn't enough detail, plus I have changed it very slightly.


I wash my face twice a day using the products I'll show below.
I only use the same face cloth and towel twice, so in the morning and at night. This minimises the bacteria being spread onto my face. And once a week I don't use any, which I will go into more detail later on.
I also just want to say that a few of my products were prescribed by a doctor, however you can still try this routine out, skipping those parts, and it might work for you.


Each morning I use the Clearasil all in 1 wash and mask, to cleanse my face. I've never used it as a mask, but as a cream wash it is great. It doesn't dry your skin out but does clear it up great.


I then use the Clearasil deep pore treatment toner. I'm just gonna say I love the Clearasil Ultra range, it is perfect for helping clear up your skin. What I do with this is put some/a lot on a cotton pad, and wipe all over my face, obviously missing my eyes. If I have a new/stubborn spot, or I feel one coming up, I place the cotton pad on that area and hold it for a few seconds. To me this is helping to kill the bacteria and rid my face of the spot sooner. Although I could just be crazy.


Next I moisturise with the Boots, SkinClear, Oil-free Mattifying lotion. This does what it says, it keeps your skin matt. I'm not sure that it actually rids my skin of the spots, but not having oily skin helps.


I then use this. It is an antibiotic cream, which really does get rid of spots. It is amazing. Although I do want to stop using it and find a better moisturiser. Let me know if you follow a routine similar to this, i.e. same products, and if it works for you. I'm scared that this the reason my skin is clearing up.

Now my night time routine, has a couple more products, but it's worth it, in my opinion.

I tend to shower at night and wash my face in the shower. Most nights I will use the Clearasil Ultra overnight wash, which is brilliant. It foams really well, which I feel is helping to really cleanse my skin. I also use the Nivia visibly clear blackhead scrub 3 times a week, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. Exfoliating is essential to having clear skin as you are ridding it of the top layer of dead skin, which causes the spots.



I then use my toner again, in the exact same way as in the morning.

Then I moisturise using the next 2 products.



 The first is Clearasil Ultra overnight serum. Pure genius. I use a squirt of this each night and pat it into my skin. The I use the Overnight lotion, and again pat it into the skin. This range is incredible, you can really see a difference in your skin within a week.
I then use my anti-bacteria cream again, as I have to use that twice a day.

That is my routine for the week. I should also mention that I am on the pill for my skin too, so maybe ask your doctor about that if you have very problematic skin.

On Saturday nights I also give myself a facial. I use my Clearasil face wash, and leave that on my skin for a minute, to kind of soak off any old make-up or dirt from the week. Then I steam my face, using a facial sauna, to open my pores. I do this until I feel my face sweating, which I know doesn't sound nice, but that's when I know my pores are open. I instantly put on a face mask, usually homemade, and leave it on for 15-20 minutes and then do the rest of my night time routine.
On Sundays I only wash my face in the morning and I only use porridge oats. Porridge oats, is a natural cleanser and exfoliator. I try and be extra gentle with my skin the day after a facial so that I know I'm giving it time to heal. I then use a moisturiser for sensitive skin because it doesn't have much chemicals in it.

I don't wear make-up very often but when I do, I make sure to take it off before bed. I use the Simple eye make-up remover and baby wipes. They are a great and very inexpensive product for removing make-up.
I also use wipes on those nights when I am really tired and have no energy to wash my face, although I try and do this no more than once a week.

That is my entire routine. I usually find that it takes roughly a month to clear up my skin, so give it time. I slept in make-up this weekend, and my face is covered in blackheads and spots. If you like, I will take a picture once a week, so you can see my skin improve by using these products. I feel that this will give a better indication of how well it works, instead of just taking my word for it. Let me know if you would like that.

Have a beautiful day and I'll talk to you all soon

xx

















1 comment:

  1. Your CommentsThanks for share nice tips mostly i always read your article keep it up.. How To Minimise Pores On Face Read More Google Sniper 2.0 Honest Review

    ReplyDelete