Sunday 18 March 2012

Spring Clean series. Week 1, Diet


Hey girls. Last week I saw a video from Elle Fowler about doing a 'Spring Clean', and I thought that this was such a great idea. It is not about cleaning your house, as the connotations suggest, but about cleaning everything, including your house/room/living area in general.



The first week is diet, and it is not about being on a diet i.e. trying to lose weight, but more about cutting out the processed and unclean foods. Below is Elle's video about it, so please watch for more details.


As you can see, Elle has a list of goals for herself, and I have some too. I have tried to keep some the same, because I feel that they are great, however I did change some, to fit me, particularly the bready carbs, as in my family we have a lot of pasta based meals, such as lasagne, plus I bring a packed lunch for my lunch at sixth form, and bready carbs are the easiest thing to prepare.

My list of goals for this week are:

  1. No fizzy drinks/sodas, and limit coffee and tea to 1 each a day
  2. Drink 1-2 cups of fruit/herbal tea a day
  3. Drink at least 1 litre of cold water a day, with 1 cup of hot water each night
  4. Have a piece of fruit or vegetable with each meal
  5. Allow 1 treat a day/night
  6. Cut out as much fried and processed foods as possible.
The last of my goals is dependent on my family, as I still live at home, and I eat, basically, whatever meal is cooked for me, only a vegetarian option, so occasionally we do have processed or fried foods with our meals, however it is not very often.

I am going to start this tomorrow, and I am actually rather excited. I already try hard to be healthy, but my willpower has been lacking of late, and I hope to make it strong again by doing this. I will be trying to do this in the way that Elle does it if she updates weekly too. If not, I do have my own ideas and order for this, which I think will be great. 

Are any of you planning on joining this? Have any of you already started this? If so, how is it going? As always let me know in the comments below. 

Have a beautiful day

DFTBA

xx

4 comments:

  1. i'm planning on doing this for a long thime now, but i can't make myself...i'm so lazy!! =))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it with me, and we can encourage each other :)

      Let me know if you do it, and good luck if you do :)

      Have a beautiful day :)

      xx

      Delete
    2. ok, i'll try my best to make it this week.. =) who knows, i might even like it...=)

      i'll let u know how it's going...xxx

      Delete