Wednesday 4 April 2012

Prepare for summer - Hair


Hey girls, another week, another way to prepare for summer. This week I am going to talk to you all about your hair.


To me your hair should be natural in the summer. Perhaps with a few highlights a couple of shades lighter than your hair colour, although the sun will do this for you.

I think in the summer hair looks nice when it has been shaped around your face like in the picture above. To me it is perfect summer hair.

If you have naturally wavy hair, you are lucky, as I believe that wavy hair, particularly beach waves, are perfect for summer. Although you can achieve these by using salt spray on damp hair and scrunching if your hair is naturally straight. Or you could put your hair into plaits/braids and leave them to dry.
I tend to not use much heat on my hair, especially during summer. What I suggest doing is, getting your hair styled and to stop using heat. Your hair will be healthier and look gorgeous.
You can use products if you like, however I chose not too, as my hair is naturally wavy anyway. Besides I love the completely natural look.

I know that this was a short post, but I didn't really have many tips other than not using any heat on your hair. I will start doing hair of the day posts, so you can see my favourite summer hairstyles, but that won't be for another couple of weeks.

I hope that this post was useful in some way for some of you. And if you have any hair tips, please let me know.

Now that I have done the entire body, I will be moving on to clothes, accessories, and make-up over the next few weeks. So please check back if you are interested in those.

Have a beautiful day and DFTBA

xx

3 comments:

  1. I've already started prepping my hair for summer - as winter left it very dry and lifeless!

    I've followed quite a few of your tips! :-D - had it cut, layered around my face and stopped using heat as often. I've also started using an Aussie hair masque to put some shine back in!

    Em
    x

    http://emberdrake.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds great :D Is the Aussie hair masque any good? I've never tried it.

      Have a beautiful day :)

      xx

      Delete
  2. Hi great post, I use sea salt hair spray when I want a more natural look-what brands have you tried?

    Tanesha x
    tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete