Friday 10 August 2012

British Rambles

Hey girls, I hope you are all well. Sorry for the lack of posts yesterday, the day just got away from me. That almost happened again today because I've been ill again so was asleep for most of the day. What have you lovely ladies been up to today?

This post is taking me a while to actually write as I've been watching movies whilst I've been writing this. Oh and I had a shower in between movies. Normally I'm quite good at multi-tasking but today I'm feeling kinda restless, and want to workout or something, yet I want to watch movies; I'm in a really weird mood tonight.



I watched Jack and Sarah today for the first time in years, and I totally forgot how much I love that movie, that I added the DVD to my Amazon wish list. It is such a feel good movie, even if it can be a little bit emotional. I adore Jack, I don't know what it is about him that I love, but I think he is a really cool character. I also like William, for the same reason.
Now that I think about it, I think it could be because they are British. I really love being British (as you can probably tell from my blog name) and lately I've been realising how much I love British men, you know, Hugh Grant, Colin Firth, Stephen Fry, Hugh Laurie, and of course Ian McKellen and Richard E. Grant. It doesn't even matter that they are in their 50's or older, I just love their Britishness. These guys are the stereotype of British and I find that attractive, even though I'm British.
Another thing I find attractive about some of these men, i.e. Hugh Grant and Colin Firth, is that they wear suits a lot, and there is nothing more attractive to me than a guy in a suit. It gives him an air of power ans control, and shows he's a man, not a boy, if that makes sense. It's the same with stubble and some muscle. I don't like guys with huge muscles, just enough to show that he takes care of himself. I really like a guy who takes care of himself, as long as he doesn't spend longer in the bathroom than I do :-P

These are my favourite images of Colin Firth and Hugh Grant:


*Drool*

Weird question, but what are you attracted too? Do you like suits, or the more casual look of jeans and a t-shirt? Don't get me wrong, I love guys in jeans and a t-shirt, but if it's not something I'm instantly attracted too, like a man in a suit.

This is probably the weirdest post I have ever written, but it was fun. I'm sure it isn't going to be my most popular post, but it is just a random fun post to end the week on.

Speaking of which, do any of you have any fun plans for the weekend? I'm just going to enjoy the sun and read 'A Spring Affair' by Milly Johnson, recommended by the lovely Em from EmberDrake, which I am enjoying so far (I'm only 4 chapters in).

Anyway I should go now, it's getting pretty late. I'll talk to you all tomorrow, with a more structured post.

Dream beautiful dreams; live beautiful lives

xx

6 comments:

  1. I love Colin Firth. Colin Firth in a suit = my kinda heaven. Colin Firth in the same room in a suit could result in a 'One Direction' style fainting fit.

    Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog!

    Rosie
    http://crafbotics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can we please share Colin Firth, in a suit, in the same room? I love him so much :-)

      No problem, thanks for commenting on my blog :-)

      Have a beautiful day

      xx

      Delete
  2. Haha, cute post! Love your blog :)

    Check out my blog?
    http://thelooneybuttdiaries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for checking out my blog, I'll definitely check out yours :-)

      Have a beautiful day

      xx

      Delete
  3. I am definitely a 'men in suits' kinda girl too and Colin Firth is very drool worthy! Although I've never quite taken to Hugh Grant as much!

    Hope you have a lovely weekend and enjoy 'A Spring Affair' - it's definitely my favourite of Milly's books! :-)

    Em
    x

    http://emberdrake.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many people like Colin Firth, and I thought I had him all to myself haha. I can't choose between Hugh and Colin, so I'll have Hugh Grant and you can have Colin Firth haha.

      I'm totally enjoying it so far, I've just gotten half-way and can't put it down, thanks for putting it on your blog :-)

      Have a beautiful day

      xx

      Delete