Sunday 9 December 2012

Blogmas day 9. For the love of winter *TAG*

Hey girls, I hope you're all well.

I feel like I may be repeating myself a lot, but it's been yet another unexciting day for me. I didn't get dressed until quarter to 4 and was back in my pjs by half 5. I've read about half my book, which means that my review should be up for Wednesday night. I just have to decide on which book to read next, I have 2 more Christmas books, a Mills and Boon one and A Christmas Carol, then I have a Sophie King book that I want to read. Which one do you think I should read next? I'd love to know which one you think I should read. To be honest I'll probably stick with the Christmas books, it's just deciding which one.

Anyway enough of the introduction, I'm going to get on with the tag I found today when I was browsing the ElleandBlair.com forum: For the love of winter.

1. What is your favourite thing about winter?
    If I'm being honest it's probably the fact that I have an excuse to stay in my pjs, drink tea, light a candle and read a good book/watch a good movie.
2. What is your least favourite thing about winter?
     The freezing temperatures. I don't hate this all the time, just when I'm having to wait for a bus out in it, that's probably the worst thing about winter for me/not having a car.
3. What are your favourite skin care item for the colder months?
    A rich body butter. I get horrible dry skin in winter so a great hydrating body butter is a must for me. I'm currently using Superdrug's Vitamin E body butter
4. What is your favourite travel size hand cream?
    I don't actually have a travel sized hand cream, I just carry around a full sized one. The one I am currently using an Avon one which you can no longer buy
5. What is your favourite eye shadow/lip colour for the winter months?
     I love a neutral eye with a deep red lip. It's just so pretty for right now
6. What is your favourite hair care product for the winter months?
     Lots and lots of conditioner. It doesn't matter the brand I just slather it on, let it soak in and rinse. Sometimes I leave it on overnight which works like a conditioning mask, but much cheaper
7. Boots: Thigh high, knee high, mid calf, flat, or booties?
    Flat knee high boots. Because I walk a lot I don't particularly like to wear heeled boots, so flats are definitely what I go for.
8. Layering: Cardigains, blazers, or pull over sweaters/jumpers?
    Jumpers definitely, I've fallen in love with them this year. Although I do still love my good old hoodies and cardigains.
9. Acessories: Hats, scarves, or gloves?
   All three, but I think if I HAD to choose it would be scarves. I definitely have more scarves
10. Dress or pants/trousers?
      Trousers! Why would you choose a dress in winter? It's cold, and you can get away without shaving your legs.
11. What is your favourite winter holiday?
       Well in Britain we don't really have many holidays, but I think that even without that, I would still say Christmas! I love all the cheer around Christmas.
12. What is your favourite hot drink during the winter?
      I think I would have to say hot chocolate, simply because I drink tea and coffee all year round.
13. What is your favourite Christmas movie?
      I've said this so many times, and I think this question is probably in a lot of tags I'm going to be doing, so I'm sorry for my repetativness if you are a regular reader, but I have to say that it is Santa Claus the movie (the Tim Allen one)
14. Would you rather attend a Christmas party or a New Years eve party?
      Christmas party. I feel like New Years is just an excuse to party, and there would definitely be too many people for me, unlike a Christmas party.
15. Would you rather toast marshmallows inside or at a bonfire?
      Inside, imagine the house being filled with the smell of toasted marshmallows? Yum!
16. Would you rather go to New York or Miami?
      I would love to go to New York for Christmas. The movies always make it look so magical
17. Would you rather bring the new year in partying at a club with friends, spending quality time at home with family watching the ball drop, at church praising God for blessing you to see another year, or having dinner with family and friends?
       Can I combine a few of them? I'd rather go to church and praise God, then have dinner with my family and bring in the new year that way.
18. Would you rather make a New Years resolution, or focus on something else?
      Definitely make resolutions! If you have followed my blog all year you'll know that I made a few resolutions and updated you all throughout the year, and I plan on doing that again :-P
19. Would you rather go snowboarding, skiing, ice skating, or have a snowball fight?
     I don't actually know, I guess have a snowball fight, simply because I have no balance meaning I can't actually do the other 3 without falling over constantly.
20. Tell me your favourite winter memory
      I don't actually have any winter memories, I have Christmas memories though if that counts? They are mostly just spending time with my family

Wow that's a long tag! I'm sorry if it was too long, but I would love it if you did this too. If you do leave it in the comments and I'll pop over and read it.

And last but not least, here is today's advent chocolate.


As always good luck to you all.

Have a beautiful day

Dream beautiful dreams; live beautiful lives

xx

Days until Christmas: 16
Floors on Tiny Tower: 79
What I am listening to/watching right now: The X Factor Final
Christmas song of the day: Merry Xmas everybody
 

No comments:

Post a Comment