Monday 5 August 2013

July empties

Hey girls, I hope you're all well.

Today I found out about #AwesomeAugust that Gemma Tomlinson is doing, and decided I wanted to join in, because I haven't been eating very well, or exercising often for a while, and feel horrible because of it. However because I only just found out about it, I didn't take a picture of my breakfast, or my lunch, so I thought I would share that I am doing this on here. Normally I will be updating on my Instagram but I just thought I would let you know about it.



Sorry that was a weird introduction to this post which has nothing to do with health; it is actually my empties from the past month, so lets get into it.

Johnson's gentle eye make-up remover; Avon Clearskn professional daily correcting lotion; Neutrogena visibly clear spot stress control 3-in-1 daily cleansing lotion; Nivea sun baby sun lotion; Time to unwind body lotion; Time to unwind shower creme; Superdrug enhanced healing blister plasters; Natural moods calming body spray; Dove beauty finish antiperspirant.


My thoughts on each product:

Johnson's gentle eye make-up remover - I love this, it is the best eye remover I have used and this is actually my second bottle. Like it says it is gentle, so it would be great for sensitive skin. What I love about this is that it is an oil and cleanser that you have to mix, I don't know about you, but I find that there is something very satisfying about mixing something. I highly recommend this if you are looking for a good, cheap eye make-up remover.

Avon Clearskin professional daily correcting lotion - This is the best moisturiser I have ever used. It is a "spot treatment with salicylic acid" and it really helped with my breakouts. Unfortunately it is no longer available on the Avon site, but I haven't had a chance to look in a catalogue (I don't have a representative) so it could still be available there. If you can suffer from acne, and you can find this, I completely recommend this.

Neutrogena visibly clear spot stress control 3-in-1 daily cleansing lotion - I bought this because my usual toner had been discontinued, and I thought this looked good. I have to say I really like it, so much so that I bought another bottle before I had finished this one just to make sure that I could get it. It's supposed to help oil control and I think it works, but I also wear a sunscreen during the day, and that kind of makes my skin oily, plus the weather here was amazing and very hot last month, so I was a bit more oily than usual.

Nivea sun baby sun lotion - This is a sun lotion, not much I can say about it really. It is for babies so it's great for sensitive skin. It's also factor 50+ so is very highly protective. I think it's great to go for sun lotions designed for babies/children as they have sensitive skin which means that the lotion will be much more protective than for an adult. You must use a sun lotion every day, even in winter, because the sun is very dangerous.

Time to Unwind body lotion and shower creme - I'm just going to put these together because I will just say the same thing about both. They are very hydrating and smell divine! The bottles say the top notes are orange and plum, middle notes of rose and saffron, and base notes of musk, vanilla and sandalwood. I have no idea what saffron or sandalwood are supposed to smell like, but I can definitely smell the vanilla, rose and orange. The combination is amazing. I have one problem with the body lotion. It is not a lotion, it is a body butter, which is much thicker than a lotion, and because of that it makes it so difficult to get out of the bottle, you really have to shake it and squeeze it really hard, but other than that, I love it. I also used up the candle that came with it, but I forgot to picture that as I am using the jar to hold my floss, but again it smells amazing.

Superdrug enhanced healing blister plasters - I have been suffering from a lot of blisters recently, and I don't know why, it could be the heat making my shoes rub, but it hasn't been nice. These are the best plasters I have used, they claim to protect the blister, promote healing and reduce pain, and trust me it is true to all of that. If you suffer blisters, I recommend checking these out the next time you're in Superdrug.

Natural moods calming body spray - I got this a few years ago for Christmas, but I don't use it very often so it's lasted me a really long time. It's supposed to be a body spray, but I use it as a pillow mist, on those nights where I want a really good nights sleep. It is really calming and I wake up feeling so refreshed afterwards. Like I said I don't use a pillow mist often, but I loved using this one when I needed a deep, refreshing sleep.

Dove beauty finish antiperspirant - I can't use Dove products, but for some reason I bought this and found my skin liked it. It actually hydrated my armpits, which was nice, and obviously helped me sweat less, which was brilliant during the heatwave.

Well that's it for my empties, what did you use up this month?

Don't forget to check my Instagram for #AwesomeAugust updates starting tomorrow.

Have a beautiful day

Dream beautiful dreams; live beautiful lives

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment