Thursday 10 October 2013

#Blogtober #8 - Pinterest try - Clean your brushes

Hey girls, I hope you're all good.

I know that this was supposed to be posted last night, but I couldn't find the pictures, but I've found them now, so here it is.

How to clean your brushes. I did the second one because I don't have a brush cleanser. So let's get started.

What to do:

First you swirl each brush in warm soapy water

This was the water after swirling one brush, pretty dirty and I had hardly used my brush

You then soak all of your brushes together in more warm soapy water

You do that for 10 minutes

Whilst they are soaking, make your sea-saw for your brushes to dry on. I used 2 small bottles, and 2 layers of kitchen towel.

Once your timer has gone off, go and rinse your brushes with cold water, and re-shape them. If you find that there is a brush that is very clogged up, i.e. your concealer brush, just soak it for a bit longer and come back to it after you've rinsed the rest of them

This is the water after taking out all of the brushes. I was not expecting it to be so dirty.

Finally place your brushes on your sea-saw to dry.

My thoughts:

Oh my word, I love this cleansing method! My brushes had never been so clean before, and I have since done this 2 more times! I have changed it a tiny bit, when I am swirling the brushes I apply some baby shampoo onto the brush as well as the bowl, it just gives an even deeper clean. 
I clean my brushes every week, whether I've worn make-up every single day, or just once or twice. When I did this, I had only worn make-up once or twice that week, and it was still pretty disgusting, as you can see. 
Seeing all that dirt, even just from swirling, really made me realize how crap I'm putting on my face if I don't wash my brushes, and it's made me clean them more regularly. I hope it's had the same effect on you too. 

Overall I highly highly recommend this, it is quick, simple and so very effective. And don't forget cheap, all you need is a bowl, kitchen towel, and baby shampoo. 

Have a beautiful day

Dream beautiful dreams; live beautiful lives

xx

P.S. Check out my last post about my first ever fitness class

No comments:

Post a Comment