Thursday 10 October 2013

#Blogtober #9 - DIY reusable shopping bag, or Farmers tote bag

Hey girls, I hope you're all well.

Today has not been very exciting, so I didn't really know what to write about. But I made something today and thought I would share my thoughts on it.



Cassey Ho from Blogilates recently posted a DIY farmers tote tutorial on her blog, and I pinned it, thinking 'I'm not very good at following picture steps, but I do want to try it, so I'll save it for a later date'. I had the perfect t-shirt I wanted to use for it, but I was scared that I wouldn't be able to do it using the pictures, and I do love this t-shirt.

Anyway, today Cassey uploaded a video showing how to do it. It's like she read my mind! I got super excited, and decided that I was going to do it along with the video!


This is how mine turned out:


How awesome is that t-shirt, I got it from Primark, about 2 years ago ironically. Anyway 2 years later, and I've decided to change my style and actually dress in clothes that look good on me, and maybe fit me (this was from the mens section).

I had no idea what to do with this top, because I still love it, I just don't want to wear it like it was made any-more. I thought about making it into a workout tank, another of Cassey's creations, but never got around to it. Then I saw the tote idea, and thought it would be perfect. My thinking was, the bag is designed to carry your healthy food shopping, this has a pear on it, OMG THIS IS PERFECT! So I made it.

I used it tonight when I went food shopping, and I'm going to be honest, I wasn't sure how much it would hold, because it is quite small, and I was scared I hadn't tied the tassels tight enough. But it held all of my shopping, minus one thing, and that was because it was in a large cardboard box. 
I didn't buy much, mostly just frozen veg, but there was about 5 bags of those, and they do weigh you down. But the bag just stretched, and it didn't even feel heavy. 
Another thing I love is that you can put it on your shoulder, so you're saving your hands, because let's face it plastic carrier bags dig into your hands, even if they aren't very heavy. 

So in case you can't tell, I freaking love this bag, and would highly recommend everyone making it. It's eco-friendly, it's homemade, it looks cool, and it holds quite a lot. 

Have a beautiful day

Dream beautiful dreams; live beautiful lives

xx

P.S. I posted a Pinterest try earlier, all about the best brush cleansing method ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment