Saturday 28 December 2013

12 Day's of Christmas - Day 4 - Clear up your skin in a week.

Hey girls, I hope you're all well.


I have not been kind to my skin lately. I've been skipping washes, a lot lately, which has been causing a lot of breakouts. But I have worked out a great way to clear it up quickly. Of course this depends on how bad your skin is. If you have a lot of acne/cystic acne, then this probably won't for for you, but if, like me, you only have a couple of spots here and there, then this will work great. Well at least it does for me.

Things I do anyway, no matter what:

  • Use the clean side of a pillow every night. By this I mean I will turn the pillow over every night, and every other night I will use a different pillow. I sleep alone so I have four pillows, meaning eight nights of clean pillows, but if you share a bed you can always put a clean towel on your pillow every night. This prevents bacteria that has transferred from your face the night before to transfer back the next night.
  • Use a clean face cloth and towel every day. I only use the face cloth and towels for one day, in the morning and at night. It's always best to use clean things if you want to clean your skin. You can get face cloths pretty cheap, I think you can get a pack of eight for a pound in Primark, and you just do a wash once a week and you're set.
  • Clean your make-up brushes every week. Make-up build up on your brushes causes germs to collect, and you're putting that on your face every day. Cleaning your brushes at least once a week will prevent this. I have a post on how I clean my brushes if you are interested, but however you do it, just do it, trust me.
Now how I clear up my skin after being lazy:

Obviously the most important thing to do is to get back on track with your skin care routine. Wash every single morning and night with your cleanser, tone, and moisturise! But just doing that will mean it will take more time to clear up, so here is what I do.

  • Use a face mask twice a week. Below are the two I've been using lately which are amazing! Especially the Planet Spa by Avon one. They both deeply cleanse, and work to get rid of spots without drying out your skin. Whenever I use the Planet Spa one, I notice a difference within 24 hours, so I would highly recommend ordering it from your Avon Representative. The mud therapy one is from Superdrug, and does the same thing as the Planet Spa, however I don't notice a difference as quickly, but it definitely works. Both are pretty cheap and are green, which I love because it makes me feel like I'm in a movie :-P



  • You're also going to want to use a spot treatment, and the best one is Tea Tree oil. It is super cheap, and can be found anywhere. I put this on after my toner, but before my moisturiser whenever I have a spot, a fading spot, or I can feel one coming up, so pretty much everyday. In the winter I get dry skin, so I apply some E45 after my moisturiser, to hydrate it again, however, the greasiness can stop the spots from fading as quickly, so I apply more Tea Tree oil on top of the E45.
  • Go without make-up for the week. Make-up clogs your pores, and if you're not removing it properly can cause acne. You need to leave your skin to breathe and heal, so going a week without make-up will allow that to happen, and your skin will clear up much quicker.
  • Exfoliate the night after a face mask. This might seem a bit excessive to exfoliate after a face mask which gets deep into your pours, but I really find that it works to get rid of the top layer of the dead skin, and let the new skin shine. I exfoliate three times a week, but when I'm doing this I find that doing it the night after a face mask is better; at least for my skin
And that is all I do. It might not seem like a lot, but it really works! As long as you are cleansing twice a day and doing these extra things, you'll have clear skin in no time.

Have a beautiful day

Dream beautiful dreams; live beautiful lives

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment