Monday 5 May 2014

How to beat the Monday blues

Hey girls, long time no speak. Sorry it's been so long, I've been lacking inspiration, so I've been really thinking about what I want to write about and thought I would start again on a fresh month.

So you know how everyone seems to hate Mondays? Yeah well I've never been one of them, to me Monday is like New Years, it's a fresh start, a chance to wipe the slate clean and make small changes to your life. However I know lots of people hate Mondays, and I do have bad days, so I thought I would share with you all how I combat those bad days, and it would be perfect for those of you who suffer from the Monday blues.

The first thing I do when I get home, whether it's after a bad day, or a good one, is light a candle. Candles are relaxing, they soothe and calm you, so if you've had a bad day, pick your favourite scent, mine is Cinnamon sticks from Yankee Candles, light it and breathe it in. I love candle light, I sometimes even only use candle light, via lanterns and candle sticks, which is perfect at soothing me. So switch off those harsh lights and light a few candles instead.

Go and have a soak in the bath, and if you don't have a bath have a long shower. Being clean really makes me feel better about everything, and baths are extremely tranquil, especially with a candle and a good book. Whilst you're in there you might as well pamper yourself a bit, exfoliate, put on a face and hair mask, and just close your eyes. When I have a bath and I don't feel like reading, I like to put on a comforting playlist from Spotify and just lie there until I'm all wrinkly.

Treat yourself. Most people tend to start their diets on a Monday, and let's be honest, Monday's are hard enough as it is, without cutting out all of your favourite foods (which I don't agree with by the way, but that's another post). So instead of not having that bar of chocolate because you want to lose 10lbs, eat it. Not only is chocolate really yummy, it makes you feel good, I mean hello you have to eat it after an encounter with Dementors! It doesn't have to be food if you don't want to, maybe you want to buy a pair of shoes, or have a glass of wine, and that's fine too. Maybe don't go shopping every week, but when you're feeling down or just really want that dress go for it.

Put on some super comfy pyjamas, and snuggle on the sofa with a movie or a book. I know this seems like a really winter thing to do, but it is cold here and it's becoming winter in Australia :P But seriously wearing pyjamas is the best thing ever! Put on your favourite movie, whether it is a chick flick like Dirty Dancing, or a comedy like Mean Girls, it doesn't matter, just whatever you love. And if you don't feel like watching something then read a book, or even a trashy magazine. Whatever you feel like doing, do it.

And the final thing is go for a walk. Now that it is, slowly, warming up it is perfect weather for walking. Go during the sunset and take it all in. Don't think about it as exercise, instead think of it as taking in some scenery and appreciate where you live. I typically like to put on my headphones and walk around my neighbourhood, but sometimes I just go without music and it helps me take in everything and it is fabulous!

Then after all of that just climb into your bed and snuggle up and sleep. I honestly feel like doing these things makes me feel so much better after a bad day, so I hope it helps you too.
What do you do when you've had a bad day? Let me know, I love trying new things to combat a bad mood.

Have a beautiful day

Dream beautiful dreams; live beautiful lives

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment